In theory, any project should have features decided before other decisions are made. While we are currently working on several phases at once, none of the other phases are locked, as we do not yet have the feature list complete. We have, however, decided on the following:
- Ticket Sales - we must have a method to sell tickets over the Internet and phone, using a wide number of payment systems.
- Ticket Delivery - we must support sending the ticket to the patron electronically, through the postal system, and having it available as a will pick up
- Seating system - we must provide for a method to link tickets to available seats. The specifics of the coordinate systems are still under discussion.
- Templates - as this system is intended to work on multiple locations, the layout of the theater must be matched to a template and not hard coded.
- The initial release of the system will have a few stock templates
- If there is interest, a template 'wizard' may be written
- Plugins - as we do not know what others will need out of the system, it will use a plugin architecture, for easy extension.