A Ticket, A Task Kit is first and foremost a ticket tracking system. It is currently in the design stage. This project exists for the following reasons:
- Schools these days are cutting the arts from their curricula due to lack of money. An free ticketing system should help those schools that still wish to have a theatre.
- Having an open source system to fill this need provides students with a way to be involved with the developers in designing a system to fit their needs.
- This website will track the development decisions that have been made on this project, to provide students with an example of how a software development project works.
As of June 2004, A Ticket, A Task Kit is in the early design stages. We have made certain development decisions. We also have the following development goals:
- Choose a database for the system to use.
- Choose a programming language for the system to use.
- Finalize a database design for the system.
- Write a database creation and sanity-check script system.
- Choose a feature list for a 0.1 release.